Terms of sale
Conditions of sale
According to the conditions approved by the German Bundeskartellamt -
Recommendations of the Bundesverband Deutscher Briefmarkenversteigerer e.V., Wiesbaden
1. The auction is effected voluntarily and carried out in the name and on the account of third parties.
2. The auctioneer reserves the right to combine or separate lots listed in the catalogue, to change the order of the lot numbers or to withdraw any lot from the auction.
3. The lots to be sold at auction may be examined and checked before the auction. The descriptions in the catalogue are made to the best of the auctioneer’s knowledge and belief, are, however, not guaranteed. The auctioneer is not liable for any mistakes. He commits himself, however, to transmitting complains to the customer if such claims are filed within a period of 28 days after the auction. The auctioneer may extend this time limit under special circumstances. Liability for damage on health and body will not be affected. In the case of a justified claim, the auctioneer will refund the purchase price only and not further charges. Faults visible on images on the catalogue may not be subject to such claims. Catalogue values are not binding and have to be seen as approximate, they may not be the cause for a return.
4. The lot is knocked down when no higher bid follows after the last bid has been called three times. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bid or accept it with reservations. He may cancel the bid knocked down if the highest bidder does not want his bid to be valid, or if otherwise a dispute concerning the bid knocked down arrises.
5. The knocking down transfers the risk of possible losses, damages or mistakes to the purchaser. The items become the property of the purchaser after payment is complete.
6. The knocking down binds the bidder to take and pay for the lot(s). Should the purchaser desire forwarding of the lot(s) purchased in the auction, it will be effected at his expense and risk. The bidder is bound to his bid for the period of up to four weeks. If bidding is made by phone or writing, lots will be dispatched to the bidder at his cost and his risk, if not a different agreement is made.
7. The purchaser shall pay an additional 20% commission over and above the sale price plus a 2,50 EUR surcharge per lot. Value added tax will be charged at commission, lot fee and all other costs. The auctioneer will, if so requested, divulge the seller´s name to the buyer and the buyer´s name to the seller. Value added tax will not be charged, if the lots were dispatched by us to a country outside the EC. If the purchaser is a dealer within the EC and the VAT-No. is given to us before the bidding, the lots were dispatched by us to the country of the purchaser and the purchaser confirms receipt of the lots to us by writing, the VAT will be refunded. In this case the “Reverse Charge-System” will be used and the buyer is obliged to declare the VAT in his home country.
8. Purchase price and commissions are payable at once by floor bidders. External bidders must pay the auction bill on receipt. The bidder for a third-party will be held liable as a primary obligor along with the third-party. The purchaser has the right to receive the lots just after payment is made.
9. Any amounts not received by the auctioneer within 15 days after the auction or receipt of the auction bill, will incur 1% interest for every new month. If the purchaser refuses to pay the lot(s) or if any payment is not settled within a fixed time period, the auctioneer may demand the non-performance. Pricing agreements between bidders are forbidden and will lead to exclusion from the auction. A contractual penalty of 10.000 EUR for each case of price agreements has to be paid. A compensation may also apply.
10. The bidder agrees for lots with NS-Signs, not to use them in any way for propagandistic purposes (§ 86 StGB).
11. These conditions are valid for the sale after the auction. The § 312d BGB will not be used.
12. Bonn will be named as the court of jurisdiction. The contract of auction is subject to German law only.
13. In the case that any of the above stipulations become void in part or in whole, all other stipulations remain valid.
14. The european commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS) which is accessible at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
We are not obligated and do not participate voluntarily in a dispute resolution process.